|Event:||UIL Area Marching Contest|
|Date:||Saturday, October 29, 2016|
|Location:||The Berry Center|
|Band Arrives:||3:30 PM|
|Bucband Performance:||6:15 PM|
Saturday, October 29, 2016
Bring a sack lunch with a drink
11:00 AM Run through at HOPPER FIELD. Trucks will still be there from Friday. Carpool as you can!
12:40 PM Load up.
1:30 PM Depart. Eat the sack lunch which you brought.
3:20 PM Arrive at the Berry Center. 8877 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress, TX. Walk to the stadium to use the restroom. Check out a band or two and re-acclimate to the stadium.
4:40 PM Walk back to the buses to get water jug, uniform, instrument, etc. Guard, Silver Team and Pit will then move over to the trucks. Uniforms go on, instruments come out. Leave your garment bag on your instrument case.
5:10 PM Be dressed, but carry jackets for now.
5:25 PM Warm-up.
5:55 PM Warm-up is over.
6:05 PM At the gate and ready.
6:15 PM Prelims performance
6:25 PM We leave the field, grab water jugs and bring it in to the Black Pearl to get out of uniforms and grab a sandwich.
7:30 PM Into the stadium.
7:45 PM Drum Major retreat and results announcement.
8:45 PM Finals begin. We drew 6th for Finals pre-draw, so we will likely be among the first 3 or 4 bands to march in Finals. Our best guess is 9:15 or 9:30.
11:45 PM Drum Major retreat and results announcement.
12:20 AM Grab a snack, and depart.
2:00 AM We arrive at Brazoswood and unload quickly. Many hands make light work! One or two buses will make a run to Hopper Field for those who have vehicles there.
Drive 83 mi, 1 hour, 25 minutes
301 Brazoswood Dr, Clute, TX 77531, USA
- Head west on Brazoswood Dr toward N Dixie Dr
- Turn left onto N Dixie Dr (0.357 mi)
- Turn right onto Plantation Dr (0.861 mi)
- Turn left onto W Plantation Dr (433 ft)
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto Texas 288 Frontage Rd (1,224 ft)
- Take the ramp on the left onto State Hwy 288 N/TX-288 N/TX-332 W, Continue to follow State Hwy 288 N/TX-288 N (46.2 mi)
- Take the Interstate 610 exit (0.622 mi)
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-610 W (0.582 mi)
- Keep left and merge onto I-610 W (12.4 mi)
- Take the exit toward US-290 W (0.731 mi)
- Continue onto US-290 W (16.1 mi)
- Take the exit toward Barker - Cypress Rd (0.268 mi)
- Merge onto US-290 Frontage (0.607 mi)
- Slight right onto the Barker Cypress Rd S ramp (1,017 ft)
- Merge onto Barker Cypress Rd (3.59 mi)
- Turn right
8877 Barker Cypress Rd, Cypress, TX 77433, USA