|Event:||U.S. Bands Step-Off Series|
|Date:||Saturday, September 24, 2016|
|Location:||Texan Drive Stadium
(New Caney, TX)
|Event Starts:||8:50 a.m.|
|Bucband Performance:||1:15 p.m.|
|Finals Placement:||1st Place - Best Music, Best Overall Effect|
|Tied with Dickenson - Best Music, Best Visual|
Saturday, September 24
Bring a sack brunch with a drink.
6:45 AM - Meet for an intense run-through.
7:45 AM - End of run-through. Load up.
Eat your sack brunch while we are loading the trucks.
8:30 AM - We depart.
10:30 AM - We arrive at Texan Drive Stadium. Walk to the stadium to use the facilities. Then back to the buses to transport backpack, uniform, and water jug to the Black Pearl. Grab a snack. Uniforms go on, instruments come out. Place your uniform bag on your instrument case.
11:55 AM - Warm-up.
12:35 PM - Pit report time.
12:40 PM - Warm-up is over.
1:00 PM - Brazoswood High School Band rocks!
1:10 PM - We leave the field and bring it in! Then change, grab backpacks and water jugs and head to the buses to quickly drop all of your gear on the bus. Then head back into the stadium.
1:30 PM - Retreat.
3:00 PM - Depart for the Deerbrook Mall. 20131 Highway 59 N, Humble, TX
3:15 PM - Arrive at the mall. Stay in groups of at least 4 at all times. Eat, shop, show class.
5:15 PM - Leave the mall.
7:15 PM - We arrive at the home of the Great Buccaneer Band!
Getting to Texan Drive Stadium
**Note: If you are using a GPS, please do not put in the stadium address. Many systems are not yet updated. It is best to use the address for Porter Glass and Mirror (21262 US 59, New Caney, Texas 77357), located just at the corner of US 59 S and Valley Ranch Parkway.
Drive 84 mi, 1 hour, 22 minutes
301 Brazoswood Dr, Clute, TX 77531, USA
- Head west toward N Dixie Dr
- Turn left onto N Dixie Dr 0.472 mi
- Turn right onto Plantation Dr 0.861 mi
- Turn left onto W Plantation Dr 433 ft
- Turn right 1st cross street onto Texas 288 Frontage Rd 1,224 ft
- Take the ramp left onto State Hwy 288 N/TX-288 N/TX-332 W
Continue to follow State Hwy 288 N/TX-288 N 50.6 mi
- Take the exit onto I-69/US-59 N toward Cleveland 28.0 mi
- Take the exit toward Community Drive 968 ft
- Merge onto Eastex Freeway Service Rd 1.12 mi
- Slight right to stay on Eastex Freeway Service Rd 1,129 ft
- Turn left 0.990 mi Turn right onto Valley Ranch Pkwy 0.917 mi
- Turn left 217 ft
Valley Ranch Pkwy, New Caney, TX 77357, USA